PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
1. Accolite may collect Personally Identifiable Information (hereinafter also, “PII”) i.e. personal information that identifies you in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to the information submitted during download and installation of the App or in connection with registration for other activities or features offered through the App. Personally identifiable Information collected may include name, mailing address, email address, phone number and demographic information such as gender, nationality, postcode, date, time and place of birth and other similar information. We ask for this information since the application has a lot of game related features which are specific to a user account. Some of these are score count, leader boards, friends list, invitations, rewards, sharing performance with friends, challenging friends for games, maintaining and managing users’ favorite topics. To make it easy for you to sign-in, we have provided multiple options:
(a) Register with your email ID using our native sign up feature and sign-in using that
(b) Sign in with your Google account
(c) Sign in with your Facebook account
2. Accolite may collect PII only if you voluntarily submit such information to us or provide access to such information by connecting to social networking sites through the App for example when you use the facilities available on the App or engage in certain App related activities including but not limited to becoming a member or signing up for an account or linking an account through a social network including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and LinkedIn or when corresponding with us by e-mail or phone to use any other interactive features of the App.
3. You may always refuse to supply PII, except that it may prevent You from using the App, or certain features of the App.
4. Accolite may collect non-personal information about you whenever you access or interact with our App or any of the related services. This includes but not limited to browser name, version, server location, device specific information such as the type of device used, users’ operating system and version, your mobile devices unique device ID, third party apps or App or service that referred users to our App, language preference, means of connection to our App, internet service providers, IP address, technical information, Google Advertising ID (GAID), IDFA, GAID Optout Status, location information, details of your device including without limitation its manufacturer details, height and width of your device screen, model, operating system, version, UDID or IMEI Number, Apple ID, Location, Location Coordinates and other similar information about you.
5. Your PII are used to identify you while logging into the App. Accolite may use your PII to control your access to the App as well as use of the App, to communicate with the you, customize your experience of using the App and and/or the content of any email newsletter or other material that Accolite may send from time to time and provide information that may be useful or interesting based on the content and personally identifiable information relating to you.
6. Your email address, phone number or other PII may be used to send user information, administrative information, changes in account settings and any changes to the App or updating User on new policies of Accolite. Apart from this if you choose to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive periodic emails that may relate to company news, related product or service information, etc. Email address may also be used for responding to any of the inquiries, questions, and/or any other requests made by You. If at any time You want to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, Accolite has included detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or you may contact Accolite via the App.
7. Accolite may further use the collected information including PII to analyse the use of the App, and the people visiting and using the App, for the purpose of improving the features of the App. We may use your Information to analyse your use of the App for providing you customized content and features. Information provided by you help Accolite in responding to Your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently. Accolite may use information in the aggregate to understand how users, as a group are using the App.
8. Accolite may use your PII to prevent or take action against activities that are, or may be, in breach of the “Accolite User Agreement”, “Terms and Conditions” and any applicable laws.
9. Accolite may use your information including PII to analyse your use of our services and the people visiting and using our services for improving the features of our services. While accessing, using or installing our Services, your Information may also be accessible to third parties whose SDKs are included in the application, including but not limited to Google ads, Google App Indexing, Google Support Library, Google Design Library, Google authentication for login, Mobvista (Ads), Crashlytics, Butterknife, MPAndroidChart, Google Admob, Appnext Native (Ads), Appnext Interstitial (Ads), Facebook Audience Network (Ads), vmax (Ads), Mastadview (mraid), Glide for graphics, Branch IO for deeplink support, Baidu (Ads), Taboola (Ads), Firebase for deeplink support, IMA (Ads), Appnext Actions (Ads), Picasso for image handling, RxJava, Retrofit and Dagger for code efficiency, OkHttp for network efficiency, Otto event bus, Disklrucache for memory optimizations, Facebook connection class for network quality assessment, Facebook sdk for login, sql lite asset helper for performance optimization . These SDKs may be using the same for generic analytic purposes.
10. Accolite may also use Your Information for market research purposes and may share your Information with our affiliated businesses that we control.
11. Accolite will adopt reasonable data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Your personal information, username, password, and data stored on the App. Sensitive and private data exchange between the Application and its users happens over a TLS(Transport Layer Security) or SSL (Secure Socket Layer) secured communication channel. However, Accolite cannot guarantee the security of any information obtained through unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors that may compromise the security of user information at any time. It is important for the User to prevent unauthorized access to his/her account and personal information by limiting access to his/her device. Further, Accolite will be in compliance with all applicable Data Protection and Privacy laws in force in the territory of India including Information Technology Act, 2000 and in particular, Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices) Rules, 2011.
12. Accolite will not sell, trade, or rent Your personally identifiable information collected by Accolite to others except as described in this Policy. Accolite may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personally identifiable information regarding visitors and users with Accolite’s business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
13. At times Accolite may be required by law or litigation to disclose personal information about the users. Accolite may also disclose information about the user if Accolite determines that for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance that disclosure of information is necessary and lawful.
14. Accolite reserves the right to transfer Personal Information of users to another party as a result of merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of Accolite’s assets to another party.
15. Whenever you access the App, Accolite may place “cookies” on your hard drive/device storage for record-keeping purposes to enhance your experience or sometimes to personalize your experience. Cookies are small text files and help us to identify information relating your activities and to retain information relating to your preferences and history on the App.
16. Ad targeting cookies: Accolite and/or our service providers may use advertising cookies to deliver ads that are more relevant to you and your interests.
17. You may choose to disable cookies by turning off cookie feature on the web browser. However, by disabling this feature, some parts of the App may not function properly. This may prevent You from taking full advantage of the App.
THIRD PARTY PLUGINS
18. Our plugins and add-ons are compatible with GDPR. We do not track any user data via our plugins. But if our plugin depends on any third party service, they might track user data. This can happen in following two ways:
(a) Embedded Widgets:
Some of our plugins have features to integrate embedded widgets as is, from third party services (like Facebook Like, Facebook Recommend, Twitter Tweet official buttons).
(b) Third-party APIs/Connections:
Our plugins send request to third party APIs via website-visitor’s web browser to fetch information (like social shares, social comment count). This request made by web browser may include IP address, which can then be seen by the third-party that it’s being requested from. This API request doesn’t include any personal data of the website user other than the IP address.
19. We do not store any data fetched by our plugins on our servers, neither we share that data with any third party. Our plugins run absolutely on your website and store the data in the database of your website
20. As mentioned before, our plugins run absolutely from your website and hence load the scripts too from your website with exception of third-party embedded widgets (like Facebook Like/Recommend official button, Twitter tweet official button, Facebook Comments) which require our plugin to load scripts from the servers of relevant service.
25. We collect your public profile data only from your consent that you grant before initiating Social Login, from the social network used to login at our website. This data includes your first name, last name, email address, link to your social media profile, unique identifier, link to social profile avatar. This data is used to create your user profile at our website. You can revoke this consent at any time by sending us an email.
26. In case, if the user is receiving marketing or promotional emails from Accolite, You have the option to “opt out” of such marketing emails by following the instructions in those mails or by emailing Accolite at email@example.com. If the user opts out, he/she may still receive non-promotional emails from Accolite, such as emails about his/her account or any ongoing business relations entered into by Accolite.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
30. EduThrill has been identified as a preferred partner to run specific admission selling campaigns for the partner universities and as a process, generate leads, counsel students and sell admission forms for that university.
31. EduThrill assists students and job seekers in gamified assessments. Apart from the online questions, it also provides packs for the students to play additional games over the free ones. These packs can be bought from the pack store available on the website.
32. This Document was last updated on 14th May, 2019.